Assists the Community Programs Manager in overseeing and managing tasks related to the various community contracts ITA serves. Provides supervision and consultation to staff as needed. Functions as a Music Therapist with 18 direct contact hours per week. This position also serves as the Internship coordinator and is responsible for recruiting and supervising clinical interns, administrative interns, and volunteers.
Competencies and Preferred Skills
- Understands and strictly adheres to the ethical codes of the American Music Therapy Association and the American Counseling Association.
- Strong knowledge of creative arts therapy and psychology theories and treatment methods.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills: persuasive writing and oral communication.
- Creativity in carrying out clinical and administrative tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience and comfort in public speaking and designing presentations.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office suite with a minimum of beginner skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in using various social medial platforms.
Part Time Art Therapist – Southwest suburbs and downtown Chicago
Hours: Part time with possible growth
Start date: Upon availability
Salary: $40-$45 per case and mileage reimbursement for driving between sessions
Qualification: Minimum of masters in Art Therapy from an accredited university and ATR credential, LPC, LCPC, LSW, LCSW preferred.
Responsibilities: Join an exciting team of Creative Arts Therapists including the four modalities of art, dance/movement, drama, and music therapy. Implement clinical assessment, therapy implementation and documentation for art therapy clients in individual and group settings. Travel to various facilities to provide art therapy sessions in downtown Chicago and southwest suburbs.
Additional responsibility may include consultation services and program development.