ITA believes each individual has unique needs. Every person who seeks therapy brings his/her own life experiences, skills and struggles. ITA’s therapeutic approach is to identify personal strengths and use them to facilitate self-expression and enhanced engagement in the creative process. The purpose of an Intake Evaluation is to identify the creative art treatment modality and type of therapy (individual, group or family) which will best address the client’s needs. Therapists conduct the Intake Evaluation and provide opportunities to engage in art, music, drama and dance/movement experiences.
Through this process, therapists make observations noting the individual’s:
1) Quality and depth of engagement with each creative art modality;
2) Potential for using one or more modality as an expressive tool;
3) Ability to use the creative process in order to address concerns, develop insight, or master new skills.
The intake process is simple:
1) Contact our ITA Intake Line at 847-425-9708 ext 590.
2) Download and complete the appropriate Interview Form (below). Bring this with you to your appointment.
3) Meet with one of our Creative Arts Therapists for a 50 minute appointment. During this time, the therapist will work directly with the client and will then share the observations made with the client and/or family members.
4) A week or two after your appointment, an ITA therapist will be assigned to your case and will contact you to schedule your first therapy session.