Our highly-valued volunteers come to ITA as students and professionals. Each brings his or her own experience and spark of community partnership. The role of an ITA volunteer is to assist the organization through different projects, administrative tasks, and assisting during our yearly events.
Requirements for becoming a volunteer at ITA:
- You must be at least 18 years or older.
- Complete the volunteer application online (see below). You will be contacted by the Training Coordinator if you are selected for an interview.
- Complete an in-person interview with the Training Coordinator.
- You must be able to commit to volunteering at ITA for at least 8 consecutive weeks for at least 4 hours per week.
- Submit check payable to “The Institute for Therapy through the Arts” for the amount of $17.50 for cost of your background check, to our offices, once confirmed as a volunteer by the Training Coordinator.
What you can expect from volunteering at ITA:
- Volunteers will act as a pair of helping hands in support of the Creative Arts by assisting in session prep, treatment room maintenance, and other projects that utilize our volunteers experience and expertise.
- Volunteers can expect opportunities to connect with staff members to learn about their experiences with creative arts therapies
- Volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in our yearly events (Open House, ITA’s Annual Fundraiser, and ITA’s Annual Creative Arts Therapy Conference).
- Volunteers can expect the opportunity to observe a creative arts therapy group session, depending on availability of sessions and groups
If you are interested in a more formalized experience, including involvement in clinical sessions, please check out our Administrative Internship!
If you are interested in a position, please fill out the volunteer application.
For further inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities at ITA, contact Brad Drozdowski, Volunteer Coordinator