Our highly valued volunteers come to ITA as students and professionals. Each brings his or her own experience and spark of community partnership. The role of an ITA volunteer is to assist therapists in their work with clients through direct support in therapy sessions as well as adminstrative support in prep work, documentation and research.
Requirements for becoming a volunteer at ITA:
- Complete the volunteer application online (see below). You will be contacted by the Training Coordinator if you are selected for an interview.
- Complete an person interview with the Training Coordinator.
- You must be at least 18 years or older.
- You must be able to commit to volunteering at ITA for at least 8 consecutive weeks for at least 4 hours per week.
- Submit check payable to “The Institute for Therapy through the Arts” for the amount of $17.50 for cost of your background check, once confirmed as a volunteer by the Training Coordinator.
What you can expect from volunteering at ITA:
- Volunteers will act as a pair of helping hands in Creative Arts Therapy groups and/or individual sessions, observing and accepting direction from ITA therapists.
- Volunteers may be required to travel to locations in the Chicagoland area beyond ITA’s offices, depending on the group or the contract.
- Volunteers can expect to receive approximately 1 hour of observation or client contact for every 4 hours of volunteer commitment.
- Time not spent in observation of therapy sessions will be spent in performing administrative support for ITA.
If you are insterested in a position, please fill out the volunteer application.
Amanda Ziemba, Program Supervisor